Tools for life sciences
Where technology meets life
Leverage biological information to offer personalized therapies: imagine medical treatment customized according to your genetic makeup, health history, gender or even lifestyle!
Our combination of engineering skills, biological understanding and cutting-edge infrastructure enables us to push the boundaries of life sciences technologies. We bridge disciplines from precision manufacturing to digitalization to develop disruptive biosystems by bringing the patient-in-the-lab and the lab-on-the-patient. From design to technology biovalidation in our biosafety level 2 laboratories, we use the latest advances in cell microsystems, biomonitoring, and lab automation.
Our solutions bring together emerging micro-technologies and the biotech/pharma industries to narrow the gap between applied sciences and industrialization. Here are some examples:
Automated cell microsystems
- Enabling the standardization and parallelization of microphysiological systems on chips and plates
- Developing solutions to standardize the production, sorting, positioning, maturation, and testing of complex 3D models, which are a game-changer for the personalized medicine, drug discovery, preclinical drug testing, and regenerative medicine
- Mastering our cell biosystems to develop novel cellomics technologies, enabling data analytics at the single cell level
Biomonitoring and point-of-care diagnostics
- Creating low-cost solutions to measure biomarkers in body fluids and access biological data in real time, anytime/anywhere
- Developing electrochemical, mechanical, and optoelectronic sensors for application within diagnostics (in vitro and on-body) and cell cultures
- Harnessing proprietary low-cost fabrication technologies for sensing, sample preparation, and interface layers
Lab automation and artificial intelligence
- Achieving reproducible and valuable results in a broad range of applications, from cell culture systems to diagnostics, through reliable handling and sample preparation
- Working with smaller sample volumes enables faster results, with fewer materials and reagents consumed
- Freeing users from tedious manual work increases scalability, standardization, and reproducibility
Want to get involved?
From concept to prototyping, including small series production and manufacturability, we help the life sciences industry to develop new products used in drug testing, tissue engineering, lab of the future and point-of-care diagnostics.
Get in touch to find out how you can get more out of life sciences today.
Meet our happy customers
Thanks to the established collaboration with CSEM, we were able to rapidly develop a serological test that can simultaneously trace for past infections of COVID-19, influenza, or SARS. The CSEM team supported Adamant Innotech in our bioassay development, plastic chip fabrication, and during the validation phase.
Co-founder and CEO
Working with CSEM has been excellent. Developing a MEMS device requires not only the right facilities and equipment, but an extremely knowledgeable team with microfabrication processes ready to go.
Chief Innovation Officer
CSEM provides a complete spectrum of expertise and its multidisciplinary teams are so used to finding practical solutions and managing innovation projects that they act as the glue between all the different stages of the project.
INVENesis provides services for drug discovery to industrial partners in animal health, pharmaceutics, and crop protection. Working with CSEM allowed us to develop a motility trap assay (MTA) for the automated high-throughput screening of drug candidates on parasitic nematodes by assessing their behavioral phenotypes.
Senior Principal Scientist
It was a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to work with CSEM on the development of the first automated human skeletal muscle microphysiological lab system, which screens for the drug compounds that regulate muscle functions, such as force and fatigue.
CEO & Co-founder
In addition to its technical skills, CSEM had the advantage of being familiar with the required multidisciplinary approach and has a solid experience in production process engineering.
Medical Director, Head of the Department of Medicine
Working with CSEM allowed us to develop and jointly validate a new diagnostic microarray/ sensor device designed for use in low-resource settings. To better promote point of care solutions for everyday life, synergistic partnerships between health experts and technology providers are both mutually beneficial and highly relevant.
Senior VP of Ultrafast Lasers
In the fast-paced field of high-power femtosecond lasers for industrial applications, NKT Photonics teamed up with CSEM to develop a cutting-edge technology. Thanks to the dedication and the good communication within the team, all the objectives have been reached and the technology is now implemented in our commercial systems.