Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
CSEM’s Business Unit "Industry 4.0 & Life Sciences" is looking for a dynamic and talented Senior R&D Engineer to reinforce its “Cell Microtechnologies” group in Neuchâtel for our Life Sciences Technologies activities.
As a Senior R&D Engineer in this domain, you execute and manage multidisciplinary industrial and research projects, propose game changing ideas, contribute to business development and technology dissemination with a focus on automated cell microsystems to be used as tools for applications in drug testing and regenerative medicine.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Manage projects or activities in your field of expertise (i.e. resources, goals, issues, budget)
- Contribute to various projects (technical execution, management of specific work packages, problem solving)
- Act as reference person in your area of expertise for the tools-for-life sciences team by maintaining high level of expertise and being informed about the state-of-the-art
- Proactively propose game changing ideas to enhance operations in the activity, solve complex problems and support the development of new sustainable topics
- Contribute to project acquisition (customer interaction, concept preparation, technical description, offer writing)
- Promote CSEM activities and maintain and develop an internal and external network
- Provide functional support and guidance to new and junior colleagues
You hold a Master with 8+ years or PhD degree with 4+ years of successful professional experience in Life Science Technologies with a focus on microphysiological systems and complex in-vitro models (organoids, spheroids, microtissue) and their interaction with microsystems and surfaces.
- Experience in Microfluidics
- Experience in Microphysiological systems and organ-on-chip
- Experience in Complex in-vitro models and organoids
- Mechanical design and fabrication of microsystems or smart labware
- Biocompatible materials
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to deal with multidisciplinary activities
- Out of the box thinking and innovative
- Customer and results-oriented
- Supporting gender diversity and respectful interaction with others
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in French is desired
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.