Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
For its established “Cell Microtechnologies” group, situated in CSEM’s site in Neuchâtel, CSEM is seeking a new Group Leader.
The group focuses on the development of micro-physiological systems for handling and analyzing complex biological 3D models for drug development and regenerative medicine applications. As Group Leader, you develop the knowhow and competencies of your group by building technical expertise and creating partnerships in the field. As an active member of the Research & Business Development teams, you evolve your group's project portfolio by contributing to the project acquisition and definition of research projects.
As a Group Leader you are part of the Business Unit Regional Centers management team and support decisions taken there, communicate them, and ensure their application in your group.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Manage your team by defining team members' annual objectives and appraisals, training needs, and providing support and guidance.
- Contribute to the definition of the business unit's Research & Business Development (R&BD) activities in collaboration with the respective R&BD Heads.
- Uphold and develop your group’s technology portfolio by management of personnel and equipment needs.
- Manage the project portfolio of your Group and supervise project managers as mentor.
- Contribute and support project acquisition in the R&BD activities.
- As an ambassador of CSEM, build new relationships with industrial and academic partners and related networks both in Switzerland and worldwide to build new collaborations and business.
- Prevent conflicts and lead a positive culture within the business unit.
- Solve challenges tied to wireless communication and powering.
- Contribute to the acquisition of industrial and research projects.
- Deliver effective prototypes and demonstrators to showcase CSEM offer in the field.
- Disseminate and publish the obtained results, both internally and externally.
- PhD or Master degree, in a field related to life science technologies
- Domain expertise in in-vitro models (organoids, spheroids, microtissue) and their interaction with microsystems and surfaces
- Experience in fabrication of microsystems or labware is a plus.
- Experience in project management with multi-disciplinary teams at different seniority levels
- Experience in project acquisition and writing of project proposals or offers
- Customer and result oriented with the capacity to transform opportunities into business
- Strong communication skills and ability to present in an efficient way
- Inspiring and motivating personality with excellent listening skills and role model profile
- Excellent team player, with the ability to collaborate with an international team across the organization
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in French is desired
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.