Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Coatings for Energy Devices” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a Laboratory Technician.
The contract will be a fixed term contract of 2 years.
Your main mission will be to develop thin film coatings for Li-metal and solid-state electrolytes for next generation of batteries. You will oversee material developments and device integration, investigating the correlation between materials and battery performance (energy density and cyclability). You will contribute to coordinate projects and research activities involving academic and industrial partners and participate in the management of complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop novel solid state electrolytes Li metal anodes
- Develop thin film coatings for Li metal batteries
- Manage projects with different stakeholders (EU or industrial partners)
- Contribute to funding acquisition
- Fabricate batteries in coin and pouch cell configurations
- Identify and troubleshoot performance-loss mechanisms affecting the fabricated devices using various characterization methods at material and battery level
- Ensure processes reproducibility and maintain equipment (the latter with the technical team)
- Ensure that the performance of the developed devices is at the state-of-the-art level
- Promote and reinforce CSEM’s position through patents, publications, and presentations at conferences
- PhD degree preferably in solid-state batteries or physics, microengineering, material sciences, or equivalent, or relevant industrial experience in the battery domain.
- Experience with solid state electrolyte for Li metal.
- Experience with thin film deposition techniques.
- Strong experience in fabrication of coin and pouch cells and their characterization
- Previous experience in project management and or successful project acquisition (e.g. EU, innosuisse, direct mandate) are considered as a plus
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written), French is a plus.
- Open-minded, creative, innovative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with our colleagues and partners
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to manage multidisciplinary projects
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.