Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Coatings for Energy Devices” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a Laboratory Technician.
The contract will be a fixed term contract of 2 years.
Your mission is the operation and maintenance of the equipment in the coatings for energy devices group. You will make sure that the thin film coatings and battery production is operational and well maintained and work in close cooperation with our engineers.
- Coordinate and follow-up the installation of new equipment together with the BU technicians team.
- Support the vacuum-based thin film production activities within the group.
- Perform fabrication of well-established recipes for battery active materials (by means of wet processes or vacuum based deposition) based on the requests provided by the engineers.
- Assembly of battery cells (in coin and pouch cells formats) based on the specifications provided by the engineers.
- Establish and follow-up the maintenance schedule for all machines and associated infrastructure.
- Program battery cyclers based on test protocol specifications provided by the engineers.
- Being responsible to keep the lab in a good shape, to keep tooling and required accessory up to date as well as to propose and implement intelligent solutions to improve the usability of the lab.
- Placing orders and following-up on order and delivery status for all lab-related items.
- Cooperate with other BU technicians and apply the rules established in the Business Unit.
- Expertise in using vacuum based thin film deposition techniques (PVD thermal and sputtering, ALD, …)
- Experience with battery assembly
- Expertise in operation of complex machines
- Knowledge of machine programming
- Knowledge in electrical and mechanical engineering basis
- Skills in programming languages for automation and machine control is a plus.
- Fluency in English, French is considered as a plus.
- Open, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership
- Autonomous for solving technical problems and work organization
- Clear presentation of accomplished work and potential issues
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.