Facing the challenges of our time
The “Integrated and Wireless Systems” division, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for PhD or PostDoc in Sustainable Trust Anchor for IoT
In collaboration with two experienced teams in security, digital hardware and software, you will contribute to the development of an embedded anchor of trust for future generation of sustainable IoT devices, enabling features such as post quantum cryptography, threshold cryptography, distributed architectures, or reconfigurability over the air in the context of the Swisschips initiative. You will be working closely with a diverse team of engineers and researchers, and you will take a leading role in transforming a vision into tangible IPs.
The SwissChips initiative, launched by CSEM, EPFL, and ETH Zurich, offers an exceptional opportunity for PhD and PostDoc researchers to contribute to Switzerland's leading-edge in semiconductor research. Supported by the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), this program focuses on innovative IC design across several domains such as SoCs for Autonomous IoT Devices, 6G Communications, and Space Electronics, among others. By fostering a robust ecosystem for semiconductor, microelectronics, and IC design, and developing strong synergies among research institutions, SwissChips will provide access to cutting-edge technologies for Swiss academic institutions. This effort, running from 2024 to 2026, is designed to position Switzerland at the forefront of the semiconductor industry's evolution, ensuring broad access to the developed infrastructure and technologies for scientific advancement across all domains.
- Conduct research in applied cryptography and implementations for embedded devices.
- Implement cryptography and security primitives for embedded devices; predominantly digital design and HW/SW co-design.
- Develop Proof of concepts based on advanced cryptography topics.
- Harden security modules against side channel attacks, software attacks and other relevant threats.
- Adopt a holistic approach to design and implement robust features that yield solid foundations for end-to-end security.
- Propose innovative security IPs and challenge them against state of the art and review them with peers.
- Build demonstrators and share results/knowledge with your colleagues.
- PhD graduate or an MSc graduate.
- Background in one or more of these fields: digital design, embedded software design and applied cryptography.
- A high motivation to progress and excel in the field of applied cryptography and embedded security.
- Experience in digital hardware or embedded software development.
- Programming skills in VHDL, C, Python (or equivalent).
- Fluent in English. French or German are an advantage.
- Natural curiosity and ability to adapt to new situations.
- Autonomous and hands-on, motivated to take initiative in the development of innovative solutions.
- Open-minded attitude and well-developed team-spirit.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.