Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
Our “Biosensors & Surface” group, based in Landquart, Switzerland is looking for 1 intern in Biosensing Technologies.
Electrochemical sensors provide a low-cost and convenient solution for the detection of variable analytes and are widely utilized in healthcare, bioprocess monitoring and biomedical applications.
As an intern in the Biosensor & Surface functionalization group, you will work on the development of a new polymeric layer for improving biosensor performances. Within a team of sensor and surface development experts you will learn the development processes of such layers, including the synthesis, optimization, precision dispensing and characterization of the layer as well as it's integration and use in miniaturized biosensors. You will also evaluate the sensor performances. The candidate is expected to present the results obtained at the end of the project, which will last 4-6 months.
- Participate to experiment design, performing and analysis.
- Plan and conduct your student project under the supervision of a senior scientist.
- Report on your results
- Support the Biosensor and Surface team in the development of biochemical sensors and assays, tests, and validation of sensing systems in biological matrices.
- Natural curiosity and ability to adapt to new situations.
- Autonomous and hands-on in chemistry lab.
- Studied chemistry, polymer science, material sciences or similar.
- Experience, organic chemistry, characterization techniques or analytical chemistry.
- Eager to learn.
- Organizational skills and a healthy sense of order.
- Open-minded attitude and well-developed team-spirit.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good in English, German, French or Italian is a plus.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.