IoT and Vision
Smart sensors. Secure connections.
IoT solutions that reliably and sustainably process, manipulate and operate large quantities of data.
The Internet of Things (IoT) spans the world with digital processes and decision centers, enabling digitalization on a global scale across all industries and human activities. IoT devices act as a conduit to acquire and funnel sensor information to back-end algorithms while also locally handling data. We address the constantly evolving requirements of these devices by developing smart, robust, adaptive, and ultra-low-power (ULP) connected platforms, offering standard and customized wireless communication for low latency, real-time, dependable, and scalable communication.
Our solutions deliver a sustainable IoT eco-system, which enables powerful and eco-friendly digitalization, seamlessly interconnecting smart sensors and actuators. Here are some examples:
- Flexible and reconfigurable platforms, which use standard and proprietary wireless protocols to probe environmental characteristics, alongside secure and privacy-preserving technologies for pervasive yet ethical smart applications
- Optimized embedded operating systems and RTOS, with scalable edge processing, and localization
- Antennas and propagation with eco-friendly identification, sensing and localization using chip-less biodegradable technologies
- Advanced communication techniques, including MIMO operation, advanced signal/data processing, and machine learning evaluated in the context of robust communications and autonomous operations
- ASICs and RF circuit design with the ultimate blend of performance, cost, miniaturization, and system integration through co-design
- Innovative sensors, including pH, vision, radar, and vital signs, are integrated with packaging, energy sources, storage, material, and AI features as low-power embedded devices
- Smart sensor gateways, connecting medical wearables for in-patient and ambulatory vital sign collection, with privacy preserving real-time streaming over the internet, and data storage in custom-made HDFS databases
- Compact, intelligent smart vision systems, combining miniature optics with edge computing tailored to the most demanding use-cases
Want to get involved?
We can help you build connected, innovative solutions by providing customized IoT technologies that enable sustainable and effective digitalization.
Get in touch to find out how you can get more out of your IoT devices today.
Meet our happy customers
Manager, Wafer Process Development
CSEM is experienced in using artificial intelligence, and the platform was developed very quickly compared to industrial solutions. The other surprise was its performance: certain steps of inspection and quality control can be completed up to ten times more quickly in comparison to our purely manual processes.
Senior Director Aviation Training
CSEM's expertise in vision systems and artificial intelligence was crucial, as was its ability to steer such a complex project, involving partners with different expertise and in different locations during the COVID pandemic to such a successful conclusion.
Nano Retina aims to restore functional vision to blind patients who have lost their sight due to retinal degenerative diseases. CSEM’s long experience in ultra-low-power ASIC design was instrumental in allowing us to achieve the required energy budget for our NR600 implant.
The new Bluetooth chip we have developed with our long-standing partner CSEM has exceptional features specially designed for small connected objects and above all, of course, watches.
Working with CSEM has been very helpful technically and also geographically, with our proximity and the advantages of an all-Swiss partnership adding to the project's overall value.
D&T Senior Engineer
When it comes to highly complex development tasks, we need a partner at eye-level, which perfectly understands our plants and offers both profound expertise and optimized service. We especially appreciated CSEM's reliability, flexibility, and wide range of know-how.
We are experts in spring technology but definitely not in energy harvesting, miniaturization, and digitalization. That's why we need help from CSEM to develop this new kind of intelligent spring that will make machine failures and costly production interruptions a thing of the past.
Manager of the Controller & Interfaces business unit
Saia-Burgess Controls has teamed with CSEM in several successful innovation projects. This collaboration has been very stimulating, engaging, and fruitful.
We have selected CSEM’s IP because of its remarkable performance and quality. Furthermore, we’ve received excellent support from CSEM’s design team which is fundamental when you’re developing a product as advanced as Oticon OpnTM.