Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Integrated and Wireless Systems” Business Unit, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for
PhD Students or Post-Doc in Analog and RF IC Design for Application in IoT in the Following Topics:
- Analog IC design for high-accuracy, low-power clock generation and multiplication
- Ultra-low-power radios for miniature Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) - Smart Dust
- Analog IC design for nano electro-mechanical/chemical sensing devices
Join our innovative team of IC designers in the role of a PhD position in Analog and RF IC Design for IoT. Collaborate with seasoned and emerging experts in the field to pioneer cutting-edge technologies that will shape the future of the Internet of Things. Be a part of our group’s mission to drive groundbreaking research and development in analog and RF IC design, working in tandem with leading universities to pave the way for IoT technologies to be seamlessly integrated into our interconnected world. Contribute to our group's overarching goal of transferring these transformative technologies to industry partners while pushing the boundaries of innovation and state-of-the-art analog and RF IC design.
- Thesis Development: collaborate closely with a partnering university to define and develop a cutting-edge thesis focused on one of the above themes.
- Innovation and Research: conduct in-depth research to advance the state-of-the-art in analog and RF CMOS IC design, exploring novel approaches and solutions.
- Industry Technology Transfer: Work on projects with the primary goal of transferring developed technologies and innovations to the industry, bridging the gap between academia and practical applications.
- Team Collaboration: actively engage with our team, sharing insights and contributing to group research and development activities related to analog and RF IC design.
- Continuous Learning: stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in ultra low-power IC design for IoT, attending relevant conferences, workshops, and seminars to enhance knowledge and skills in the field.
- Publication: disseminate research findings by publishing in top-tier academic journals and presenting work at prestigious conferences, contributing to the field's knowledge and recognition.
- MSc degree in EE (electronics, microelectronics): possess a foundational understanding of IC design and RF principles, with the potential to learn and apply these concepts effectively.
- Simulation Tools: Experience with IC design simulation tools, showcasing an ability to work with relevant software for design and analysis.
- Research Aptitude: demonstrated research experience through coursework or prior projects and show eagerness to engage in research activities and a willingness to learn and contribute to ongoing projects.
- Programming Skills: basic proficiency in programming languages like Python or MATLAB for basic data analysis and simulations.
- Academic Excellence: strong academic record, with a history of outstanding performance in relevant coursework.
- Natural curiosity: an innate curiosity and eagerness to explore, learn, and discover
- Adaptability: willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies in the dynamic field of RF IC design
- Collaborative Nature: ability to work effectively in a diverse team, collaborating with both experienced and young IC designers.
- Autonomous and hands-on: ability to work independently, take initiative, and engage in practical, hands-on activities to contribute effectively to projects and research.
- Communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex ideas effectively.
- Organizational skills: capable of organizing tasks efficiently, managing time effectively, and maintaining thorough documentation to ensure smooth workflow and record-keeping.
- Fluency in English with excellent knowledge of French, while German also being valued
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.