Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
For its established Micro & Nano Systems Business Unit (BU), situated in CSEM’s site in Neuchâtel, CSEM is seeking a Business Development Manager – MEMS, Microsystems & Sensing.
This role is pivotal in shaping the future of our technology innovation mission and further strengthening our position as a front-runner in the industry.
Micro and Nano Systems Business BU is a dynamic, fast-paced organization rooted in deep-tech, with a broad portfolio of technology platforms and applications, spanning from nano-scale technologies, to MEMS & Microsystems, to Additive Manufacturing.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be the driving force behind our marketing, project acquisition, and sales activities for all the BU fields of interest, with a specific focus on MEMS, Microsystems and Sensing. You will engage and expand our client base and be their voice within the BU. You will have the opportunity to work across the whole organization, interact and cooperate with other BU and Central functions, thus ensuring a cohesive and effective strategy is implemented.
- Strategy and Operations: Contribute to our BU strategy, defining strategic networks and customer relationships
- Marketing & Sales Leadership: Analyze market opportunities, build compelling value propositions, manage the sales pipeline, negotiate contracts, and be the face of CSEM in forging new partnerships
- Communication Excellence: Align and communicate strategic focuses across the organization and external platforms, embodying CSEM's vision and goals
- Project Involvement and Research: Provide crucial inputs for technology development, mentor strategic projects, and help define BU roadmaps
- Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of MEMS and Microsystems technologies, its market and network, customer relationship management tools, and social media
- Inspiring leader with a positive outlook, excellent listening skills, and the ability to influence
- Outstanding in analytical thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Creative thinking, stress resilience, and a natural ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Fluency in English and French, with proficiency in the other language as a plus
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.