Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Integrated and Wireless Systems” Business Unit, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for
PhD Students or Post-Doc in 6G Communications and Sensing in the Following Topics:
D-band (140GHz) or G-band (240GHz) RF IC design and on-chip antennas for radar and precision sensin
Chip-Scale sub-THz Molecular clock design for space applications
RF IC design for communications and sensing based on Narrowband-Assisted Ultra-WideBand (UWB)
Digital IC design for communications and sensing based on Narrowband-Assisted Ultra-WideBand (UWB)
Join our dynamic team of experienced and emerging RF and Timing IC designers in the role of a PhD or Post-Doc position in Sub-THz FMCW MIMO Radar. Collaborate with leading universities such as EPFL or ETH Zurich in the context of the Swisschips initiative to develop a groundbreaking thesis, driving innovation and advancing the state-of-the-art in CMOS radar and mm-wave technology. Be a part of our group's mission to pave the way for industry technology transfer while actively contributing to our research and development initiatives. Join us in shaping the future of RF ICs!
The SwissChips initiative, launched by CSEM, EPFL, and ETH Zurich, offers an exceptional opportunity for PhD and PostDoc researchers to contribute to Switzerland's leading-edge in semiconductor research. This program focuses on innovative IC design across several domains such as SoCs for Autonomous IoT Devices, 6G Communications, and Space Electronics, among others. By fostering a robust ecosystem for semiconductor, microelectronics, and IC design, and developing strong synergies among research institutions, SwissChips will provide access to cutting-edge technologies for Swiss academic institutions. This effort, running from 2024 to 2026, is designed to position Switzerland at the forefront of the semiconductor industry's evolution, ensuring broad access to the developed infrastructure and technologies for scientific advancement across all domains.
- Thesis Development: collaborate closely with a partnering university to define and develop a cutting-edge thesis focused on Sub-THz FMCW MIMO Radar technology.
- Innovation and Research: conduct in-depth research to advance the state-of-the-art in CMOS radar and mm-wave technology, exploring novel approaches and solutions.
- Industry Technology Transfer: Work on projects with the primary goal of transferring developed technologies and innovations to the industry, bridging the gap between academia and practical applications.
- Continuous Learning: stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in radar and mm-wave technology, attending relevant conferences, workshops, and seminars to enhance knowledge and skills in the field.
- Publication: disseminate research findings by publishing in top-tier academic journals and presenting work at prestigious conferences, contributing to the field's knowledge and recognition.
- MSc degree in EE (electronics, microelectronics): possess a foundational understanding of IC design and RF principles, with the potential to learn and apply these concepts effectively.
- Simulation Tools: Experience with IC design simulation tools, showcasing an ability to work with relevant software for design and analysis.
- Signal Processing Basics: familiarity with fundamental signal processing concepts, demonstrating the capacity for further development.
- Programming Skills: basic proficiency in programming languages like Python or MATLAB for basic data analysis and simulations.
- Academic Excellence: strong academic record, with a history of outstanding performance in relevant coursework.
- Natural curiosity: an innate curiosity and eagerness to explore, learn, and discover
- Adaptability: willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies in the dynamic field of RF IC design
- Collaborative Nature: ability to work effectively in a diverse team, collaborating with both experienced and young IC designers.
- Fluency in English with excellent knowledge of French, while German also being valued
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.