Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Perovskite Materials & Devices” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a an experienced (Senior) R&D Engineer in perovskite photovoltaics.
Fixed term contract of 2 years, with possibility for extension
As a (Senior) R&D Engineer, your main mission will be to develop high-efficiency photovoltaic technologies based on metal halide perovskite materials, in particular perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells. More specifically, your main role will be to develop thin-film manufacturing processes meeting the requirements of the photovoltaic industry. Your mission will be to develop scalable thin-film deposition methods to produce perovskite-based devices reaching a high performance & extended operational stability.
Your role will include the following main responsibilities:
- Deposition of thin films for photovoltaic applications using various solution- and vacuum-based techniques (thermal evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition, blade coating, slot-die coating, etc.), in some cases using gloveboxes
- Development of processing techniques enabling the homogenous and rapid deposition of perovskite single-junctions and perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells on large substrates
- Identification and mitigation of performance-loss mechanisms affecting perovskite photovoltaic devices (perovskite-on-silicon tandems, perovskite single-junctions) using various optoelectronic and microstructural characterization methods
- Management of projects and research activities involving academic and industrial partners
- PhD degree in Physics, Microengineering, Material Sciences, or equivalent, with strong background in solid-state physics
- Experience in the thin film and/or PV industry considered as a plus
- Expertise in the fabrication and characterization of high-efficiency perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells or other types of perovskite-based devices (detector, LEDs)
- Expertise in the optoelectronic and/or microstructural characterization of semiconductors.
- Full proficiency in English (including writing)
- Project management skills
- Highly motived, eager to learn
- Natural curiosity and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with colleagues and partners
- Strong ability to solve problems and think analytically.
- Great organizational, project and time management skills.
- Pressure resistant and flexible.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.