Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
Our “Electronics” group within our “Systems” division, based in Neuchâtel and Bern, Switzerland is looking for a Senior Electronic Circuit Architect.
Place of work will be mostly Bern and occasionally Neuchâtel.
Your mission will be to define the architecture of innovative medical devices to address tomorrow’s need (e.g., continuous and ubiquitous patient monitoring).
- Discussion with customers to understand their demand and help them formalize the ‘user requirements’
- Develop solution concepts and perform trade-offs
- Ensure compliance with medical standard requirements
- Elaborate the architecture of the electronic circuits and verify their feasibility (e.g., with simulation, analysis, calculus, or specific experiments)
- Break down the solution concepts into suitable parts, define the interface between the parts
- Produce the technical requirements and development plan
- Provide technical support to the engineer’s team during the development
- Generate innovative idea/concepts and imagine new electronic circuits for tomorrow’s medical technologies based on identification/anticipation of future customer/societal needs
- Contribute to the acquisition of industrial projects and apply for publicly-funded research projects
- If interest, manage multidisciplinary medical projects
- You are motivated ETH/EPF Engineer in Electronics or equivalent (MSc or PhD) and have at least 5 years of practical experience in low-power medical electronics development and track record of innovative solutions for which you played a key role in their conceptualization.
- Track record in electronic circuit development for medical devices is key.
- Customer and results-oriented, you are a good team leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are fluent in English and German (spoken and written), French being a plus.
- Curious, proactive, extrovert, and are considered as a good team-player and a creative thinker.
- Your industrial and academic network will be a strong asset to the success of this R&D area at CSEM.
- You have very good communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to interact easily with your colleagues, our customers, and partners.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.