Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Digital Energy Solutions” group of our Sustainable Energy Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently offering a master internship or master project in the domain of Master internship in Stochastic ML for managing car charging stations.
Duration : 6 months
Electric vehicles (eV) are a rapidly growing source of electricity storage capacity. Intelligently managing their charge can play a major role in the decarbonization of the power grid. Within this context, CSEM is offering a project in applied machine learning for the modelling and control of electric vehicle chargers.
Your responsabilities :
You will develop stochastic models for the prediction of EVs charging patterns. The ambition of the internship is to develop data-driven models that can fit the patterns of both single and multiple charging stations. In a second step, you will integrate these models in software solutions for model predictive control and flexibility, which are currently in development at CSEM’s Sustainable Energy Center.
You will join 80+ people at CSEM’s Sustainable Energy Center who create technologies that enable the energy transition. You will be part of the teams that develop software and control solutions for energy intelligence at the grid edge (smart buildings and industry, renewables, etc.). You will have the opportunity to collaborate with experienced researchers and professionals in the field of applied machine learning, optimization and control, and battery technologies.
Your profile :
We are looking for curious candidates with the following skills:
- Capability to formulate and solve mathematical problems
- Capability to design, implement, document and test computer code
- Capability to agree and deliver individual contributions within a team
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with Scikit-learn, Pytorch (or Tensorflow 2+) machine learning libraries
- Familiarity with power grid and battery technologies
- Familiarity with stochastic differential equations
- Capability to analyse and summarise technical information
Master programs :
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Mathematical sciences
- Computational science and engineering
- Computer science
- Data science
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.