The “Precision Mechanisms” group of our “Systems” Business Unit, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is looking for a business-savvy, inspiring and communicative Senior Mechatronic Systems Engineer.
Your mission will be to coordinate technical developments in the field of precision mechanisms for scientific instrumentation.
Our activity range from the development of innovative high-precision instruments for space, astrophysics and industrial applications to the design of compliant mechanisms for the watch industry.
As a Senior Mechatronic Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Take charge of the technical coordination of multidisciplinary projects, in particular of complex mechatronic systems for the space market
- Participate in the concept evaluation, design, manufacturing and validation of our developments
- Prepare and manage proposals in response to competitive public tenders for projects
- Negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Prepare contractual documents to be sent to clients
- Stay abreast of the state of the art
- Identify and propose multidisciplinary solutions to strengthen our technology portfolio
- Maintain and develop an internal and external professional network
- Superior level of education (MSc) in mechanics, micro-engineering, space engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years of successful professional experience
- Strong skills and experience in multidisciplinary systems projects
- Very good Knowledge in mechanical design and mechatronic systems
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools (Solidworks)
- Good knowledge in the design of flexure-based mechanisms
- Knowledge of job-specific rules, processes and activities
- Knowledge of space project standards is an advantage
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Leader in the technical part of proposals
- Out of the box thinking and innovative
- Good team player
- Ability to collaborate with various internal partners across the organization
- Customer and results-oriented
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to deal with multidisciplinary activities
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Fluency in French and in English
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about technologies and innovation.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.