You are a top-quality firmware developer who can work in close collaboration with hardware developers and the rest of the team under the supervision of our technical manager. You are inspired to work in a field that has the potential to make a massive impact on large organizations across the globe. Your mission will be to build secure, robust software for wearable embedded devices, including IoT applications.
- Design and implement secure, robust software for low-power embedded devices such as smartwatches and other wearable devices.
- Take ownership of product development.
- Organize and lead the development of new products and services in the digital heath and MedTech domain.
- Development new firmware including documentation of design and requirements, and testing strategies for verification.
To be successful in this function, you have:
- Superior level of education (BSc or MSc) in computer science or similar, with solid working experience in different micro-controllers (e.g ARM Cortex M0/M4f/M7 devices).
- Hands on knowledge of C and C++ language for embedded design and object-oriented architecture including UML notation.
- Experience in ultra-low power embedded systems development and a track record in working with a variety of communication and control protocols (e.g SPI, I2C, I2S, USB) as well as wireless communication stacks such as BLE. Ability to work with various network protocols including MQTT, TCP/IP…
- Previous experience in real-time systems (RTOS) is needed, and experience with low power RF systems would be a plus (e.g. BLE).
- Quality-oriented and willing to work in normed environments such as ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 for medical device software development.
- Experience with testing environments is a plus.
- Previous experience in project management is a plus.
- You are fluent speaker in English and able to communicate in French. German would be a plus.
- Moreover, our teams work with IoT solutions, Python, Android apps, C#, AWS solutions, …. Any added experience is also welcome.
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to deal with multidisciplinary activities
- Self-management, organized and disciplined in control and quality issues
- Result and quality-oriented
- Inspired to be creative
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate with a diverse community of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership and empathy
- Out of the box thinking and innovative
- Open-minded attitude and a team-spirit: we succeed when the team succeeds.
CSEM’s mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- being part of a passionate community
- large flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
- benefitting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.