R&D ENGINEER IN PEROVSKITE PHOTOVOLTAICS
Fixed term contract of 2 years, with possibility for extension
Your main mission will be to develop high-efficiency photovoltaic technologies based on metal halide perovskite materials, in particular perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells. More specifically, your role will be to develop thin-film manufacturing processes that enable to scale-up the dimensions of perovskite solar cells. You will contribute to academic and industrial projects aiming to make perovskite solar cells and modules viable industrial products.
- Produce perovskite solar cells using various solution- and vacuum-based thin-film deposition methods (thermal evaporation, sputtering, atomic layer deposition, spin coating, blade coating, etc.), in some cases using gloveboxes
- Develop (solution-based) deposition methods to scale-up the active area of perovskite solar cells towards industry standards
- Identify and troubleshoot performance-loss mechanisms affecting perovskite devices using various optoelectronic and microstructural characterization methods
- Ensure processes reproducibility and bring the performance and stability of perovskite solar cells beyond the state-of-the-art
- Promote and reinforce CSEM’s position through patents, publications, and presentations at conferences
- Master or PhD degree in physics, chemistry, microengineering, material sciences, or equivalent with a strong background in solid-state physics
- Proven track record in the fabrication and characterization of solar cells (PhD or master thesis)
- Expertise in the development of deposition methods to scale-up the dimensions of perovskite solar cells
- Experience in the photovoltaic or thin-film industry considered as a plus
- Skills in scientific programming (LabView, Python, etc.)
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Open-minded, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn with a strong sense of ownership
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with colleagues and partners
- Natural curiosity and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
CSEM’s mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about technologies and innovation.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- being part of a passionate community
- large flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
- benefitting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file (CV, Cover letter, certificates & diplomas) via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.