PROJECT MANAGER FOR MICROFLUIDICS TECHNOLOGIES
As a Project Manager in the Sample Handling and Sensing group, you will support all activities in the Life Science Technologies area with a focus on microfluidic and liquid handling technologies. Within the strategic goals of the group, you will contribute to the development of disruptive technologies. You will be responsible for:
- Managing complex research & development activities in the fields of microfluidics and liquid handling for IVD, genomics, tissue engineering, and organ-on-chip technologies
- Managing work packages and/or projects in all their aspects (i.e., resources, goals, issues, budget)
- Independently driving project communication with external partners
- Maintaining a high-level overview of project goals, milestones, and deliverables
- Participating in concept evaluation, design, prototyping, and validation
- Identifying and proposing multidisciplinary solutions and game-changing ideas
- Contributing to successful technology transfer (critical to CSEM’s mission)
- Participate in project acquisition (preparing offers, grant proposal writing, active networking at conferences / trade shows)
- Superior level of education (MSc or PhD)
- ISO 13485 and/or 9001, or other regulatory experience
- Recognized expert understanding of fluidics concepts, regularly presenting at international fairs and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to manage large industrial projects in all its aspects (resources, personnel, goals, issues, budget)
- Experience in microfluidics design & system integration (chip design, chip fabrication, fluidic control, and experimental validation)
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts, goals, and results internally and externally (conferences, publications)
- Capable of participating in project & business acquisition
- Ability to think out of the box and propose highly innovative solutions to enhance operations
- Active contribution to successful technology transfer, enabling partners to launch innovative solutions
- Ability to efficiently communicate relevant information on results, achievements, and roadblocks
- Organizational skills and a healthy sense of order
- Team player, ability to collaborate with various internal partners within the organization
- Able to act as a mentor and provide advice and guidance to colleagues within and outside the group
- Strong networking skills (in academia and industry)
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of German
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. We love to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies, and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place at the interface between research and industry, at the cutting edge of new technologies.
- An innovative, non-profit, impact-oriented, and employee-driven company.
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment.
- Being part of a passionate community.
- Having incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great development opportunities.
- Benefiting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a sustainable work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.