The applied research and industrial activities conducted within the Smart Connected Systems group of CSEM are devoted to Sustainable Electronics and Wireless Power Transfer. We need a post-doctoral student with past work in the field of embedded electronics / printed electronics / sustainable materials-processes and highly motivated to explore the path toward greener IoT solutions.
Will consist in leading research projects for the development of sustainable embedded electronics and IoT; elaborating architect embedded systems relying significantly on green electronics components and interconnect elaborated by partners; exploring new possibilities and strategies to elaborate ultra-low environmental footprint sensing devices and contribute to the footprint reduction of existing products (coming world of scarce resources). You will frame the work of PhD students working in the field and contribute to promote and maintain our relationship with the academic.
- Manage activities in EU projects and ensure proper reporting and delivery.
- Devise remote sensing systems architectures (IoT) with stringent sustainability requirements
- Orchestrate work between multiple fields, beyond electronics (materials, processes, LCA, …)
- Mentor and frame our PhDs working in the field.
- Publish scientific and technical papers.
- Comply with our corporate PM methodology (link with the PMO).
- Document your work on a regular basis according to corporate methodology
- PhD Degree in Electronic engineering (field tied to small embedded system, remote sensing/monitoring)
- Strong system design and development skills (architect).
- Strong knowledge in power management (harvesting and storage storage), sensing, wireless communication.
- Notions of materials sciences, chemistry, biology, ecology, manufacturing processes,
- Previous publications in any of the mentioned fields, with concrete outcomes (prototypes)
- Curious, proactive and considered as a creative thinker.
- Leadership to motivate and guide contributors of projects
- Team player with good communication skills and leadership allowing you to interact easily with colleagues, customers and partners.
- A passion for new technologies, experimentation, exploration and finding of new solutions in collaboration with talented people.
- Fluency in English
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.