Neuromorphic devices are now developed to accelerate deep learning at the edge. While a lot of devices are emerging, no comparison between them is available yet, and engineers are required to test several devices to make a choice. This requires time and knowledge of the underlying hardware, which is sometimes impossible in small data engineering teams.
We aimed to develop a benchmarking platform to help designers and engineers to select the best device suitable for their application.
The Edge-AI and Vision group of CSEM is looking to expand its benchmarking suite for neural network accelerators and is looking for students who are interested in contributing. This project aims to develop a multi-objective hardware-aware Neural Architecture Search (NAS) solution for neuromorphic devices, considering the limitations of the devices (memory, operations support, speed, energy consumption, usability, etc.) and optimizing for both latency, accuracy, and energy consumption. The student will work with senior engineers of our lab to perform the benchmarking tasks.
- Implementation of State-of-the-Art solutions for NAS
- Create an automated pipeline in Python to generate neural networks architecture
- Connect the search algorithm to the existing benchmarking tool
- Implement scripts to evaluate the performance of the neural network on the device for selected tasks and dataset
Expected to have experience in:
- Object-oriented programming in Python
- Background in Deep Learning (CNNs, RNNs…) architectures and evaluation
- Experience in Tensorflow/Keras or PyTorch
Interest and experience in:
- Network Architecture Search
- Reinforcement Learning
- IoT and embedded devices
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. We love to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place at the interface between research and industry, at the cutting edge of new technologies.
- An innovative, non-profit, impact-oriented, and employee-driven company.
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment.
- Being part of a passionate community.
- Having incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great development opportunities.
- Benefiting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a sustainable work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) via our job page. Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.