Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Solar Modules” group of our Photovoltaics division based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for a Junior R&D Engineer for next generation Photovoltaic Modules.
Fixed-term contract of 6 Months (Maternity Leave cover)
Your mission will be to contribute to the technical execution of cutting-edge R&D projects in Photovoltaics modules.
The objectives are to manufacture, test and qualify new generations of PV modules, providing solutions for enhancement of performance and reliability, as well as improved integration capabilities of photovoltaics.
- Reliable laboratory work for assembly of materials for the manufacturing of next generation PV modules, with control on bill of materials and quality
- Advanced characterization with scientific instruments: advanced evaluation of PV modules performance with solar simulators, imaging devices, understanding of variations observed
- Accelerated aging tests, reliability assessment
- Data management of scientific results (database implementation, data analysis, reporting)
- Experiment management for developments and testing of new materials, new processes and new stacks
- Support to Industrialization with customers
- BSc degree in physics, microengineering, material sciences, or equivalent with a practical experience in relevant R&D activities
- Technical skills that help you generate and test new ideas and concepts
- Industrial and academic network being a strong asset to the success of this R&D field
- Fluency in both English and French
- Motivated, curious, meticulous and proactive
- Innovation attitude as well as scientific and technical creativity
- Objective-driven with proven track record of technical development and achievements in advanced PV module technologies and materials
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with our colleagues and partners
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.