Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Edge to Cloud Software” Group of our “Medtech” Business Unit, based in Bern/Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is looking for a business-savvy, inspiring and communicative Full Stack Developer.
Our Edge to Cloud Software team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Full Stack Developer. As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining software applications that support our research and technology transfer initiatives. You will work closely with the firmware engineers and the cloud architects to understand the requirements of our medical IoT solutions and translate them into functional applications.
- Develop and maintain software applications that support research and technology transfer activities: front-end interfaces to cloud-based solutions, android applications for medical systems, gateway configurations for data upload, Bluetooth LE communication between devices.
- Collaborate with the different R&D teams to understand and translate requirements into functional applications.
- Design and implement scalable, secure, and maintainable applications.
- Write clean and efficient code, and the accompanying documentation.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Conduct regular code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in software development.
- Optimize application performance, reusability, and scalability.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from concept to deployment.
- Participate in project acquisition activities, proposing system architecture, and adapting existing solutions to new use cases.
To be successful in this function, you have:
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of at least one front-end and one back-end language and framework.
- Experience writing Android mobile applications (iOS is a plus).
- Experience in Python and its ecosystem
- Experience with cloud native solutions such as AWS.
- Familiarity with databases, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with git and DevOps practices.
- Solid understanding of software development principles and methodologies.
- You are fluent speaker in English and able to communicate in French or German (the other language would be a plus).
Ideally, you would also have:
- Experience with TypeScript and React.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with and managing UNIX-based systems.
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration.
- Talent designing UI/UX design in frontend apps.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks is a plus.
- Experience implementing IoT solutions using Raspberry Pi
- Quality-oriented and willing to work in normed environments such as ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 for medical device software development. Experience in medical projects, technical files and regulatory submissions.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
- Experience with testing and CI/CD.
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to deal with multidisciplinary activities.
- Self-management, organized and disciplined in control and quality issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Inspired to be creative.
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate with a diverse community of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong sense of ownership and empathy.
- Out of the box thinking and innovative.
- Open-minded attitude and a team-spirit: we succeed when the team succeeds.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.