Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
Our “Automated Sample Handling” group, based in Alpnach, Switzerland is looking for a R&D Engineer in Microfluidic Materials and Packaging (80-100%).
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated R&D engineer with laboratory experience for our Automated Sample Handling group interested in working on the development of advanced microfluidics integration and packaging technologies for microfluidic sensors. As an R&D engineer, your mission will be to facilitate the technical execution of innovative projects in the field of life sciences, support other R&D engineers in their activities, and participate in equipment/laboratory maintenance. You will play a crucial role in developing new technologies and approaches, optimizing liquid handling protocols and performing verification experiments, thereby contributing significantly to the adoption of microfluidics in diagnostics and biotechnology. You will work with a team of engineers developing cutting-edge solutions for microfluidics, laboratory automation, and biological samples handling.
- Develop innovative approaches for the integration of sensors in microfluidics (e.g. positioning, bonding, assembling microfluidic chips and cartridges).
- Be involved in multidisciplinary activities with the project team to support the development of the overall system.
- Develop and execute test plans to verify functionality and ensure quality control.
- Define and implement the required protocols and standard operation procedures.
- Make measurements/tests, analyze, and share results.
- Maintain laboratory equipment/machines and manage product orders.
- Maintain and improve laboratory processes and protocols.
- Participate in quality maintenance (ISO 9001 and 14001) and improvement, including the related documentation.
- Be possibly responsible for the infrastructure/laboratory.
- Coordinate with local suppliers.
- BSc or MSc with usually 5-10 years of professional experience, or elementary level of education with proven professional experience.
- Experience working in a lab environment is required.
- Experience with sensor packaging and bonding technologies, ideally in the context of microfluidics.
- Experience with prototyping, mechanical design, manufacturing.
- Industrial experience strongly desired.
- German and English both required. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Out of the box thinking and innovative
- Organized / tidy, rigorous, detail-oriented, and multitasker
- Independent working style
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active collaboration with various internal partners across the organization
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to deal with multidisciplinary activities
- Out of the box thinking to find solutions to complex situations
- Curious and eager to find new ideas to enhance activities in own job
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.