Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
Our dynamic and successful Business Unit R, based in Allschwil, Alpnach, Landquart and Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is looking for a business-savvy, inspiring and communicative Co-Head of Research & Business Development for its Life Sciences Technologies activities.
CSEM is a private research, technology and innovation center specializing in precision manufacturing, digital technologies, and sustainable energy. It offers its customers and industry partners custom-made innovative solutions. Our strength is the excellence of our people.
The Business Unit (BU) "Industry 4.0 & Life Sciences" is looking for a dynamic and talented Co-Head of Research & Business Development for our Life Sciences Technologies activities. This position is opened as a Co-Head function with a particular focus on our cell technologies application field.
As Co-Head of Research & Business Development (RBD), you are accountable for the marketing, acquisition, and sales activities as well as the research and technology roadmap in your application field.
The Co-Head co-leads the respective RBD team together and is responsible to align the research activities with technological evolutions and future market needs.
The Co-Head of RBD has the following responsibilities:
- Defines the research strategy in the Life Sciences Technology activities, in collaboration with his Co-Head, the BU leader and the BU management team.
- Defines the marketing and sales budget in collaboration with the BU leader, ensures the results and controls
- expenses and revenues in his/her activities
- Is responsible for the use of research funding within his/her application field to develop and implement the research roadmap
- Defines participations to strategic networks & ensures the interaction with the relevant technology partners.
- Analyses market trends and opportunities, build convincing value propositions and marketing material content
- Leads and manages the acquisition and project portfolio in his/her application field, initiates contacts with strategic customers and develops trustful relationships.
- Measures and improves customer satisfaction
- Acts as a mentor for strategic projects
- Master or PhD degree related to Life Sciences or Biotechnologies, with at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Education in business administration, marketing, or innovation management is a plus.
- Domain expertise in life sciences (pharma, diagnostics or biotech)
- Experience in business development, project acquisition and writing of project proposals or offers
- Proficiency with customer relations management and social media channels
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in German or French is preferred.
- Customer and result oriented with the capacity to transform opportunities into business
- Strong communication skills in all market segments and with different job levels
- Inspiring and collaborative leader with excellent listening skills and role model profile that contribute to a motivated and high performance team spirit
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with the ability to influence and negotiate, enabling effective collaboration with internal and external partners
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.