Facing the Challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Energy Systems” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a: Battery Algorithms Developer.
Your mission is to develop innovative battery management algorithms for our pioneering Battery Management System (BMS) platforms. You create and validate new concepts but also maintain and expand our already validate algorithm frameworks. You design model-based or data-driven algorithms and implement and validate associated battery models and SoX state estimators. You closely work together our BMS engineers, where you will support the hard- and software team to implement your algorithms on our BMS platforms and work with the testing team to validate the performance of your algorithms based on laboratory data. We expect you to work in an autonomous manner, to train new team members to be proficient on the BMS algorithm development and maintenance, and to deliver high quality results that are in line with industrial standards.
Your responsibilities are the followings :
• design physics and data-based battery models and associated algorithms.
• design battery state estimators (e.g., SoC, SoH, SoS, etc.) and associated algorithms.
• implement these models/estimators together with suitable simulation environments on PC-based platforms.
• study academic papers, integrate your findings in your developments and share your insights with the team.
• support the software implementation onto our BMS platforms together with the software engineer.
• contribute to establish test plans for the performance evaluation together with the system engineers.
• execute the performance tests via suitable simulations or based on available laboratory data.
• support the integration of BMS software into embedded systems together with the BMS hardware team.
• document your work, make technical reports/presentations and scientific papers for international publication
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy, Electrochemistry or related fields
- Knowledge of Lithium-ion battery technologies and associated behavior, e.g., degradation and safety
- Knowledge of physics-based or data-driven modelling approaches for electrochemical storage systems
- Knowledge of battery testing and performance validation under various operating conditions
- Proven experience in modelling and simulation of electrochemical storage systems
- Proven experience in design and implementation of battery state estimators
- Proven experience in Python/C programming and software development tools (e.g., GitHub, etc.)
- Knowledge of requirements and experience in implementation for embedded systems
- Experience in signal processing and control/optimization being a plus
- Knowledge and experience in verification tools on PC and embedded systems being a plus
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of battery diagnosis technique such as EIS, IC/DV, and others being a plus
- Open, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership
- Autonomous with strong analytical capacity for solving technical problems and work organization
- Clear presentation of accomplished work and potential issues
- Natural curiosity and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with colleagues and partners
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.