Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Battery Systems” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for a Battery BMS Hardware Developer.
Your mission is to develop hard- and firmware solutions for our innovative Battery Management System (BMS) technology. You design, realize and test BMS hardware and implement the associated firmware to ensure the functional operation of our BMS solutions.
- You design the hardware of our innovative BMS solutions and support the design of the firmware architecture.
- You create the schematics and overview the PCB layout generation.
- You plan and conduct hardware design reviews with the project team.
- You initiate and follow-up PCB manufacturing, including ordering and coordination with external suppliers.
- You create the test specifications and test, commission and debug PCBs and associated electronics.
- You create, test and debug of firmware including basic operation, control and communication task.
- You support the integration of BMS software and algorithms together with the software/algorithm team.
- MSc degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related fields (5 years)
- Excellent knowledge of analog and digital electronics as well as signal acquisition chain design
- Proven experience in PCB design, layout, prototyping, testing and associated tools (e.g., Altium, Spice)
- Proven experience in firmware development and testing according to industry standards (e.g., MISRA, SIL)
- Good knowledge in main embedded communication protocols (I2C, SPI, CAN, LIN etc.)
- Knowledge of software versioning (GitHub), signal processing techniques and metrology concepts
- Hands-on experience in medium voltage battery systems (up to 1kV) being a plus.
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Open, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership
- Autonomous with strong analytical capacity for solving technical problems and work organization
- Clear presentation of accomplished work and potential issues
- Natural curiosity and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with colleagues and partners
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.