Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful !
The “Battery Systems” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a Battery BMS Software Architect and Developer (100%)
Your mission is to develop and test appropriate software solutions that support the realization of innovative Battery Management System (BMS) platforms. You will closely work and coordinate with BMS engineers and battery algorithms experts, and you will support this teams by developing BMS software solutions for data handling, storage, processing and visualization. We expect you to work in an autonomous manner, to train new team members to be proficient on the BMS platform development and maintenance, and to deliver high quality results that are in line with industrial standards.
- You design software architecture for our zBMS system and implement it on our hardware platforms.
- You embed battery state estimators (e.g., SoC, SoH, SoS, etc.) together with the algorithm team on zBMS.
- You implement software that supports, uses or exploits these models and estimators on PC-based platforms.
- You establish the software performance validation reports.
- You support the BMS hardware team with the integration of BMS firmware into embedded systems (ARM, DSP). .
- You document your work, make technical reports/presentations and scientific papers for international publication.
- MSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience (5 years).
- Track record in BMS software development, experience in ASPICE being a plus.
- Proven experience in programming (C/C++, Python, Rust, etc.) and software development tools (GitHub, etc.)
- Proven Experience in embedded software development, including real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience continuous integration tools (GitLab, Jenkins, etc.) and debugging.
- Good knowledge of processors and latest developments, experience with automotive processors being a plus.
- Hands-on in both low-voltage (< 50V) and high-voltage systems (< 1kV)
- Knowledge of Lithium-ion battery technologies and associated models/algorithms
- Knowledge of RUST, VHDL/Verilog, Web interface and other GUI design
- Knowledge of various communication protocols and mediums: wired HW (I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, …), wireless HW (BT, BLE, WiFi, Zigbee, …), SW (TCP, IPv4, …)
- Knowledge on BMS standard (e.g., ISO26262) being a plus
- Knowledge of battery diagnosis technique such as EIS, IC/DV, being a plus
- Professional proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Open, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership
- Autonomous with strong analytical capacity for solving technical problems and work organization
- Clear presentation of accomplished work and potential issues
- Natural curiosity and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects
- Team player with good communication skills to interact constructively with colleagues and partners
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.