Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful !
The “Laser Technologies” group of our future “Instrumentation” Business Unit, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for a business-savvy, inspiring and communicative Group Leader.
You will ensure a respectful work environment to foster employee creativity and innovation for serving the customers. Thanks to your strong management skills and as member of the Business Unit management team, you will ensure that your group will contribute to the efficient and sustainable operation and performance of the Business Unit Instrumentation.
- Manage your Team by defining team member’s annual objectives and appraisals, training needs, and providing support and guidance
- Develop the CSEM activities related to laser technologies
- Lead the technical activities of the group towards excellence by breaking current frontiers
- Be responsible of the group financial performance and of the balanced projects portfolio
- Decisively contribute to the technology roadmap and project acquisition
- Foster interactions and collaborations with customers and partners
- Inspire the group creativity and foster a collaborative and open spirit
- As company ambassador represent CSEM at events, workshops and conferences
You are a motivated Engineer with either a MS or a PhD in in Physics or a relevant domain with a proven experience in the following mentioned technical fields:
- Proven track-record in development of laser sources and laser-based systems, preferably utilizing solid-state and fiber technology
- Deep knowledge of continuous-wave and femtosecond laser stabilization and metrology
- Understanding of the laser domain – sources and applications – at large
- Knowledge of photonic integrated circuit technology
- System engineering skills for multidisciplinary projects
- Market knowledge of the above-mentioned fields
- Experience in project acquisition and writing of project proposals and offers
- Industrial experience is a strong asset
Working in a multidisciplinary team is one of your strengths and your charisma allows you to lead a team towards achieving ambitious goals. With your relational, analytical and management skills, you are able to deal with complex situations.
- Inspiring and motivating personality with excellent listening skills and role model profile
- Open-minded attitude, proactive and considered as a creative thinker
- Natural curiosity that enables you to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to present in an efficient way.
- Team player with an excellent communication and interpersonal skills to constructively interact with colleagues and partners
- Fluency in English and French, German would be an asset
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.