Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
Our “Robotics and Deep Learning” group, based in Alpnach, Switzerland is looking for a (Senior) Smart Data & Deep Learning Engineer.
The Robotics and Deep Learning group develops algorithms and systems based on machine learning in the areas of quality and process control, intelligent maintenance, and cognitive robotics. The range of tasks is extremely diverse, spanning from research and prototyping to the development and commissioning of industrial systems.
As a (Senior) Smart Data & Deep Learning Engineer, your task is to develop and implement state-of-the-art systems and algorithms in the field of predictive analytics (condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, predictive quality, root cause analysis, process data). The subject matter extends across multiple industries and involves developing initial concepts, assessing feasibility, implementing solutions, and deploying them to our partners. You will lead multidisciplinary industrial and research projects, propose groundbreaking ideas, and contribute to business development and technology dissemination.
Your main responsibilities are :
- Development of data-driven algorithms for quality control, intelligent maintenance, and predictive analytics in the Industry 4.0 domain.
- Development of concepts and laboratory setups.
- Support in project acquisition (workshops, presentations, proposals, conferences).
- Project management of industrial and innovation projects. Depending on experience, this includes all aspects (resources, objectives, issues, budget) or specific parts thereof.
- Continuous monitoring of the state-of-the-art
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Neuroinformatics, Engineering, Robotics, or a related field with a focus on Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning for time series and process data, preferably with several years of industrial experience.
- Strong experience in Predictive Analytics :
- Event detection
- Anomaly and outlier detection
- Preprocessing and Normalization
- Digital signal processing
- data cleaning
- feature extraction (FFT, ROCKET, Statistics, …)
- Machine Condition and Health monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- State-of-Art Neural Network Architectures like RNN (e.g. LSTM),Transformers, CNNs, GANs, Siamese Networks
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, …) is a plus
- Front-End design (C#, Webbased) is a plus
- Strong Programming skills in Python and PyTorch is a must. Good programming skills in C# are a strong plus.
- Knowledge of GRPC, Databases (SQL, NoSQL), OPC UA is a plus
- Structured and analytical problem solving, teamworking
- Proactive, dedicated, resilient and innovation driven
- Fluency in English required, German is an asset
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.