Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Biosystems Engineering” group based in Allschwil, Switzerland, is currently looking for a an experienced Senior R&D Engineer.
As senior R&D engineer in the group "Biosystems Engineering", you lead and contribute to applied research and development projects in the area of "Life Science Technologies" with focus on biosystems (cell microsystems and single cell technologies) as well as medical applications and point-of-care solutions (hydrogels). Within the strategic objectives of the group, you propose game-changing ideas to solve complex multidisciplinary challenges for our customers and partners. As team player, you bring your expertise in a technical biology related field to support project acquisition and develop CSEM's Life Sciences roadmap.
Your role will include the following main responsibilities:
- Manage projects or activities in your field of expertise (i.e. resources, goals, issues, budget) and contribute to various projects (management of specific work packages, technical execution, problem-solving)
- Design of biosystems for cell culture and single cell processing/analysis for mammalian cells and microbes
- Contribute to the writing of offers (concept preparation, technical description) and project acquisition
- Act as reference person in your area of expertise for the tools-for-life sciences team by maintaining high level of expertise and being informed about the state-of-the-art
- Pro-actively propose game-changing ideas about new research activities within the group roadmap
- Promote CSEM activities internally and in national and international conferences
- Maintain and develop internal and external network
- Act as mentor to new and junior colleagues as well as candidates for spin-offs
- Superior level of education with 8+ years (MSc) or 4+ years (PhD) of professional work experience
- Superior experience in (single) cell analysis technologies (optical, electrical, etc.) as well as in (single) cell manipulation technologies (microfluidics, hydrogels, droplets, plates)
- (Droplet) microfluidic user experience, design of microfluidic devices is required
- Experienced in biological cell culture (cell maintenance, handling) of mammalian cells, experience in microbiology is a plus
- Experience in hydrogel chemistry / hydrogel systems and cell encapsulation is required
- Knowledge on the design of hydrogel material applications for point-of-care devices as well as point-of-care assays is a great asset
- MS Office and data analysis skills is a prerequisite
- Strong English-speaking skills required, German and / or French-speaking skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative and excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Flexible and adaptable thinking / operating style
- Strong analytical thinking for problem solving and managing of multidisciplinary projects
- Supporting gender diversity
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.