Facing the challenges of our time
Help us grow and be more impactful!
The “Nanoscale Technology” group of our “Micro & Nano System” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a: (Senior) Micro & Nano Tech R&D Engineer.
As an R&D Engineer / Expert you will participate in our R&D activities for the development of Micro-/Nano-components and systems, more specifically integrated sensors with strong focus on micro & nano-fabrication, process integration and surface engineering aspects. In terms of application domains, these R&D activities span over markets such as life science, chemical sensors, watch making, renewable energy, aeronautics and space.
Your role will include the following main responsibilities:
- Contribution to the development of scientific and technical expertise in the fields of micro & nano-fabrication, process & device integration, surface functionalization, as well as surface patterning including support to the development of our IP portfolio in these fields
- Characterization of resulting surface properties and evaluation of functionalities and performances at the component level
- Integration of the developed processes in adapted manufacturing techniques for the fabrication of smart components and functional systems with unique properties and enhanced performances. A specific focus is on the fabrication and qualification of sensors.
- Management of multidisciplinary projects (internal research projects and industrial projects) and participation in their acquisition
- Master or PhD degree in Micro-/Nano-technology, Surface Sciences, Materials Science and Engineering or equivalent
- Several years of experience (minimum 3 years) in multidisciplinary projects targeting the development of technological platforms and micro-/nano- tech based innovative sensing solutions (including design, process development and optimization, fabrication, and characterization of industrial prototypes)
- Strong experience in coating and surface modification techniques, in micro- and nano-fabrication process
- Good knowledge in analytical techniques for films and materials characterization
- Experience in device design and integration (eg. sensor design and fabrication, sensor qualification, integration of sensor in functional system)
- Previous experience in project acquisition and project management will be a strong asset (both public funded and industrial projects)
- Previous experience in valorization and dissemination activities: writing invention report and patent, publication of articles in international journals, giving talks at conference
- Professional proficiency in English, good knowledge of French is a plus
- Open-minded, creative and result-oriented mindset
- Out of the box thinking to generate new ideas and propose innovative solutions
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Eager to learn with a strong sense of ownership to further extend and promote our activities
- Team player to interact constructively with various partners across the organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to efficiently present relevant information on accomplished work and potential roadblocks
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.