The “Precision Mechanisms” group of our “Systems” Business Unit, based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland is looking for a business-savvy, inspiring and communicative Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
Your mission will be to contribute to multidisciplinary industrial and research projects, as well as developing innovative solutions. In this position, you will create mechanical design of complex mechanisms with a focus on space and astrophysics applications.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will participate in the R&D efforts in the development of complex scientific instruments. You will work on high precision mechanical solutions and contribute to multidisciplinary industrial projects. You will be also involved in our innovative developments taking benefits of additive manufacturing and topology optimization.
Your main responsibilities will be the following :
- Development of precision mechanisms and mechatronic systems
- Create draft concepts in 3D including pre-dimensioning
- Integration of system aspects, such as actuation, sensor and control concepts
- Order and follow up of subcontractors
- Contribute to the launch of new activities through your scientific and technical creativity
- Creation of technical documentation according to internal specifications
- Proactively propose innovative solutions to enhance operations in the activity and solve complex problems
- Maintenance and development of internal and external professional network
- Contribute to maintain a good CSEM’s image towards our external partners
You are a motivated Engineer with a BSc or MSc in Mechanics or Microtechnology with at least 5 years of successful work experience and very good knowledge in the following topics :
- Mechanical CAD tools for design (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong experience in design of precision (opto-)mechanical systems
- Expertise in space standards and applications would be an asset
Curious and driven towards innovation, you want to be an important key team player in the development of new solutions. Analytical, autonomous and hands-on, you have the ability to adapt to new situations. Moreover, you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Working languages are French and English; German would be an asset.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about technologies and innovation.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.