The “Energy Systems” group of our “Sustainable Energy” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a Laboratory Technician.
Your mission is the operation and maintenance of the equipment in the new Battery Innovation Hub. You will make sure that the battery production and testing equipment is operational and well maintained and work in close cooperation with our battery engineers to programming the battery cyclers and emulators.
- Coordinate and follow-up the installation of new equipment together with the BU technicians team.
- Establish and follow-up the maintenance schedule for all machines and associated infrastructure of the BIH.
- Program battery cyclers and emulators based on test protocol specifications provided by the engineers.
- Plan and keep track of the usage of the equipment by means of a shared infrastructure planning file.
- Being point of contact in case of machine errors and faulty test results, and he will coordinate and follow-up any required repair activities with either internal or external resources.
- Being responsible to keep the lab in a good shape, to keep tooling and required accessory up to date as well as to propose and implement intelligent solutions to improve the usability of the lab.
- Propose and realize intelligent solutions that improve the testing capabilities of the laboratory, e.g. realizing cell’s holders for high precision measurements for big cells formats or similar.
- Placing orders and following-up on order and delivery status for all lab-related items.
- Cooperate with other BU technicians and apply the rules established in the Business Unit.
- CFC automatician or in similar field
- Knowledge of machine programming
- Knowledge in electrical and mechanical engineering basis
- Expertise in operation of complex machines
- Skills in programming languages for automation and machine control
- Experience with battery testing equipment of various brands will be considered being a big plus
- Fluency in English and French
- Open, creative, and result-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership
- Autonomous for solving technical problems and work organization
- Clear presentation of accomplished work and potential issues
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about technologies and innovation.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.