The “Edge AI and Vision” group of our “Integrated & Wireless Systems” Business Unit based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, is currently looking for a System Engineer for AI & Vision applications.
The applied research and industrial activities conducted within the Edge AI and Vision section of CSEM are devoted to capture process and extract visual information from scenes. Our activity spreads from the development of complete system solution and innovative ASIC for pre-processing images to the high level algorithmic processing for extracting the captured information.
As a System Engineer you will participate in our efforts in research and development.
- Develop dedicated vision systems for various applications, such as prototypes for public demonstrators or to be delivered to our partners.
- Design solutions based on optical/ray traycing simulations and laboratory experiments.
- Develop embedded software for microcontrollers to control the prototypes.
- Work with R&D engineers to select the components and to design the electronic
- Assure high quality hardware prototyping and documentation.
- Work with R&D engineers and researchers teams on defining the requirement and produce user-centered design prototype.
- Understand and work with different experts in the fields of optic, electronic, and machine learning.
- Actively propose new ideas and solutions to define our technologies.
- Degree in Micro-Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Optical Engineering, ideally with some experience in an industrial environment.
- Strong system design and development skills (optics, sensor, electronic, housing, interface).
- Experience with optical designs softwares (e.g. Zemax).
- Experience with coding language (C/C++, Python).
- Experience with 3D CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks).
- Fluency in English and willingness to learn French if necessary
- Curious, proactive and considered as a creative thinker.
- Team player with good communication skills allowing you to interact easily with your colleagues, our customers and partners.
- A passion for new technologies, experimentation, exploration and finding of new solutions in collaboration with talented people.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry and our strength is the excellence of our people who are passionate about technologies and innovation.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit, and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment
- A solar team focused on enabling solutions to energy challenges for a sustainable world
- being part of a passionate community
- incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great opportunities of development
- benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favors a work-life balance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.