Technology transfer is at the heart of our mission. Our goal is to add value to the results of scientific and technological research. We also want to enhance innovation activity in the markets, using the newest technologies combined with our expertise.
At CSEM, we do this in several ways:
- Transferring know-how from research to usable technologies: this work is funded by the Swiss Federal Government. Resulting from these activities are our technology platforms - sets of competences, know-how, experience and infrastructures in given technology domains.
- Providing innovation support to our customers: by applying our technology platforms to real industrial challenges, we help to incorporate the newest technologies in the products of our customers.
- Foundation of start-ups with innovative products: if new ideas and concepts find no interest in Swiss industry, and if they potentially reach large markets, then we create our own start-ups. Thus, we have created 29 start-ups in the last 10 years.
After more than 25 years of successful technology transfer, innovation and start-up creation, CSEM has sharpened its skills and has become increasingly:
- In contractual relations and intellectual property management rights
- Professional, in terms of
- Technological excellence
- Project management and technical implementation
Numerous CSEM success stories have led to new products and processes. In parallel, our technology platforms are mature enough to be rapidly transferred to industry and start-up companies. Business opportunities exist in fields as diverse as:
- Lifestyle management
- Industrial control
and many others.